Instructions on Securing a Student Work Permit

  • All students (minors) between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure a work permit. Students who have reached 18, by state law, do not need working papers. Students who are 17 and have graduated or have officially withdrawn from school are still required to have a work permit.

    Work permits are available at the school of the district in which the student resides. It is only valid for employment within the State of Pennsylvania.

    Any student seeking employment in another state must secure a work permit from the school district in which the employer is located.

    Applications are available at the Sr. High School Guidance Office, Monday through Friday, 7:45am to 3:00pm or download the application by clicking on the following link: WORK PERMIT APPLICATION.

    Parent/Guardian completes highlighted areas.

    Bring the application back to the Sr. High School Guidance Office. If the student is not enrolled in the Octorara School District, appropriate proof of age is required (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, drivers license)

    The school official will complete the application. Once the student signs the application in front of the school official, the permit will be issued to the student.