Octorara Area Career and Technical Education Articulation Agreement
Octorara Career and Technical Education programs have a direct and immediate connection to colleges through Articulation Agreements. An Articulation Agreement allows OACTEP students to earn college credit or advanced placement for work they complete here at OACTEP. This is very important for several reasons:
- Articulation Agreements allow CTE students to skip some basic, foundational, or basic-level courses that may be required by the college. This will save students time and money and enable them to take more advanced college courses sooner in their college careers.
- Articulation Agreements enable students to graduate High School with college credits, which are significantly less expensive when they are obtained while the student is in High School. College tuition for the same credits is much more expensive when the student gets to college.
- College credits earned through Articulation Agreements are usually transferable to other post-secondary institutions. Once the student earns them, no one can take them away.
For this Program of Study the One on One Articulation Agreements are from:
Homeland Security & Protective Services Academy
- Bucks County Community College
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Delaware County Community College
o Community College of Beaver County
o Harrisburg Area Community College